Ghana’s electoral register to be used in the December 7 presidential and parliamentary elections is now available through the Electoral Commission’s website.
The EC has made available both the “Main Register” to be used on December 7 and “Special Register” to be used for the special voting exercise on December 1 for members of the police, journalists and ambulance workers.
This will be the second time the EC is publishing the voters’ roll after a similar publication earlier was deleted following complains about the data privacy of voters.
Here is how to verify your name in the Voters’ Register for the 2020 general elections:
- Log on the EC website.
- Scroll down to the midsection.
- Click on the “Check Register” button.
- In the new window, there will be two buttons: “Special Register” and “Main Register.”
- December 7 voters should click on the “Main Register” button and enter your Voter ID number.
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard or click on the search button.
- Your surname, other names and polling station will appear if indeed you are on the register.
By: Efo Korku Mawutor